Sunday, March 24, 2013

Shattered {Review}

ShatteredShattered by Dani Pettrey is the second book in the Alaskan Courage series. The book takes us back to the small island town of Yancey, Alaska and to the lives of the McKenna family. Like in her previous book, Submerged,  the story pulls you right in at the beginning when a snowboarder is murdered and Reef McKenna’s is covered in blood, but claims he’s innocent.  The story focuses in on Piper, the youngest McKenna who is determined to protect her brother, and Landon, a sheriff deputy, who is trying to find the truth.  The two team up as they follow leads deep into Canada's rugged backcountry.

Storyline
“When a snowboarder is murdered and Piper McKenna’s brother turns up covered in blood, she knows it’s all just a misunderstanding—and she’s determined to prove it.

Deputy Landon Grainger may love the McKennas like family, but he also has a job to do. And right now all the evidence is pointing straight at Reef. He knows Piper means well, but she isn’t helping her brother’s case by interfering with his investigation. Deep in Canada’s backcountry, Landon and Piper discover their long-standing friendship might be turning into something more—and that this case is growing deadlier with each step.” (Bethany House)

Overall Thoughts 
I couldn’t wait for this book to come out! Shattered kept me guessing, but didn’t leave me behind. I felt like I was apart of the investigation with every twist and turn. Not only that, but I loved being able to dig a little deeper into some of the “supporting characters” from book 1. I was so excited to learn more about Landon and I was not disappointed. I totally related to how hard it was for him to put his faith in God, even when he didn’t have all the answers.  Overall, an great second book and I’m looking forward to reading book #3.

This post may contain affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

A-Submerged-Final-Cover9[3]

What to know more about book 1, Submerged? Read my review.
A Mommy Talks Reviews:  The featured product for this review was provided to me, at no cost, by Bethany House.  All opinions expressed are my own.  If you’d are interested in signing up to receive review copies from Bethany House, head to www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.