Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tot School-Christmas Trees

Lil’man is 35 months.
 
This week we learned all about Christmas Trees.  Below are just some of the things we did. You can see other activities from this unit by visiting Amber at The Belly of The Whale.
 
Language Arts: For our language arts this week we put the alphabet in order by using the ABC Christmas Light printable.  We strung the lights on yarn and then hung them up in the boys room.  He loves that he gets Christmas decorations in his room!
IMG_7190  IMG_7193
 
We also made an O for ornament craft. (And yes, he’s sporting his Buzz Light-year wings that he got as a gift from his cousins.)
 
IMG_7237  IMG_7243  IMG_7245
 
Math Concepts:  For math this week we created a Math Christmas Tree.  Each day we added something new to our tree.  The first day we made a light pattern, the next day we added shape ornaments and finished off our math tree with counting presents. The Belly of the Whale will have pictures from day 1 and 3, so make sure you check it out.
IMG_7230  IMG_7236
   
Just for Fun: This week we created some Apple Cinnamon Ornaments.  They smell so good!  I think I’ll make another batch to use as gift tags for my cookie exchange party.
IMG_7167  IMG_7169  IMG_7179
 
We also read lots of books, which is one of our favorite things in this household.

My Favorite: I have a few pictures from our Football Unit, that I didn’t post about last week, so I thought I would share those.  We had a lot of fun during our family night.
IMG_6857  IMG_6855

That was our week.  Don’t forget, you can download all the printables (not all seen here) for FREE  at 2 Teaching Mommies.

Next Week we will be focusing on the true meaning of Christmas by learning about Jesus!

Don’t forget to see what others are doing at 1+1+1=1!

This post contains affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week! I like the Buzz wings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stringing of the lights! Great week! Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.