Saturday, November 14, 2009

Colorful Turkey

Since my son enjoyed sticking his Tootsie Roll Pops into my "Crocs" last week, I decided to make him this activity:

I was inspired by the Colorful Turkey Caddy at FamilyFun.  I made a few minor adjustments to get my final product.  For example, instead of using card stock for the turkey's head and beak I used foam.  I used felt for the snood and my body is made with a smaller foam ball.  I attached it all together using hot glue, instead of the suggested glue dots.
 
Of course the biggest change was the use for the caddy.  FamilyFun suggest using it for storing colorful pens, but I didn't think that would be fun enough for my little man, so I purchased some colorful feathers.
 
I made the holes on the back of the turkey with one of the feathers from the package, but then decided that I wanted them a little bit bigger.  So, I used a pencil to widen it and make it easier for my son to stick the feathers into.  He loved recreating this turkey all week.

Pictures of him interacting with this activity will be posted tomorrow in the Tot School post.

(On another note: Don't miss out on my current giveaway.)

4 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute. I may have to go and buy a foam ball today. My guy would love this. It would make such a great center piece for our Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really fun project! I'll have to put a styrofoam ball on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did this yesterday and I gave you a shout out. Thanks again! We had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVIN' that turkey! Super cute. Maybe I can use the same idea for an ornament or something christmas-y this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.