Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday Planning

I love planning birthdays, especially my son’s.  It’s so much fun!  This year it has been a little bit harder though because the boy doesn’t have a favorite.  There is not ONE thing he has really been into or excited about like the last 2 years of his life. 

His first year he was into puppies.  He loved everything about them.  So, when I came across this Puppy Party Theme from Oriental Trading, I had to do it.

70_26581a IMG_1678

Of course, if you are going to have a puppy theme party you must have a puppy cake. 

IMG_1674  IMG_1675

Do you recognize my puppy pattern?  If not, imagine it blue.  Did you guess Blue Clues?  This was my very first ever cake creation.  I was very happy with it.  I made a 9x13 cake and cut it into 3 pieces (head, right ear, left ear and use the scrapes for the tongue and nose). Then I just used regular chocolate and white frosting to decorate. Now, mind you I learn a few things from all my mistakes – like making the cake earlier than the day of the party!

Yup, I love planning birthdays.  For this year, we’ve finally decided to do a Toy Story Theme from Party City.

387969F

Even though, the boy has only seen the original once.  Next week, I’ll share the boys 2nd birthday and then maybe by then I’ll know what I’m doing for his cake this year.  Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.