Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Special Trip

I am so excited about a special trip I’ll be going on in May.  Seriously, I’m giddy about it! You see I have the opportunity to use two of my passions in life (theater and the lives of kids) to share God’s love.  Yep, I’m going on a mission trip and I wanted to tell you all about it and ask for your prayer.

kidwaylogoAs you may or may not know, I volunteer with a program at my church called KidWay. It’s where kids bring their parents to church and learn about God’s big ideas for them and their lives.  “It’s a fast, fun, noisy, zany, multimedia, kid-focused, parent-centered, virtue-driven 45-minute extravaganza.” – southeastchristian.org

Picture2

For six years now I’ve been able to use my passion for acting, playing a character called Samantha, in this monthly program. KidWay is something our church really believes in and helps get families talking about virtues like honesty, determination, love and more.

cooksonlogoWell, the director for KidWay has been planning a mission trip to Cookson Hills Christian Ministries in Oklahoma. Cookson Hills is a ranch that offers “help, hope, and healing to abused and neglected children and works with their families to break the cycle of abuse, neglect, dependency, and failure.” –cooksonhills.org

cookson blog

Myself along with other members of the KidWay cast and vocal team will spend two days hosting a KidWay experience for the students. We will help build a set, rehearse a KidWay skit to perform for the students, and enjoy time getting to know the students and worshiping with them. It promises to be an exciting few days as we share some some of our experiences with this ministry, but I know that we will be stretched and challenged by the people we meet in Oklahoma and our experience together.

 

So will you pray…

  • for the KidWay crew going on this mission trip and the staff and students of Cookson Hills, especially while we are on our trip May 8-11.
  • that I will be used for God’s glory and be flexible as nothing is ever set in stone on mission trips (I’m a planner, so this can be hard for me.)
  • for hearts to be soften, for ears to hear, and for eyes to see the love of Christ
  • for God’s guidance, wisdom, protection and energy!

I’m really excited about this opportunity. I am truly blessed to be able to use the gifts God has given me to help serve another ministry that is doing His work.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.