Friday, August 10, 2012

Short-Straw Bride {Review}

Short-Straw Bride Cover Full-SizeShort-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer is a novel set in a small Texas town in the 1800s.

Storyline
“No one steps on Archer land. Not if they value their life. But when Meredith Hayes overhears a plot to burn the Archer brothers off their ranch, a long-standing debt compels her to take the risk. But when an act of sacrifice leaves her injured and her reputation in shreds, gratitude and guilt prompt Travis Archer to attempt to rescue her.

Despite the fact that Travis is no longer the gallant youth Meredith once dreamed about, she vows to stand by his side. But will love ever be hers? Or will Travis always see her as merely a short-straw bride?” (Bethany House)

Book Trailer
If that storyline doesn’t make you want to get a copy and read it, then the book trailer will!  Check it out below.

Overall Thoughts 
I LOVED Short-Straw BrideThis book kept me up late into the evening because I just couldn’t put it down.  I actually finished reading it in 2 days!  I fell in love with the characters.  Meredith’s stubbornness always had me on edge.  And though Travis was firm and set in his ways, you knew that he was doing what he thought was best in order to protect his family.  Throw the two together and you have the makings of a fun couple that has to learn to give and take.

This post may contain affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

A Mommy Talks Reviews:  The featured product for this review was provided to me, at no cost, by Bethany House.  All opinions expressed are my own.  If you’d are interested in signing up to receive review copies from Bethany House, head to www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.