Saturday, July 21, 2012

Submerged {Review}

Submerged by Dani Pettrey is a novel set in a small island down of Yancey, Alaska. Right from the beginning, the story grabs you as a sabotage plane goes down.  The main characters are Bailey, a new creation in Christ, that must return home and Cole, a deep sea diver, who vows not to let Baily break his heart again.  The two must work together to help the police department find a murderer with very little to go on.

Storyline
“Bailey Craig vowed never to set foot in Yancey, Alaska, again. She has a reputation--and Yancey's a town that doesn't forget. She's returned only to bury a loved one killed in the plane crash, but then dark evidence of murder emerges and Bailey's expertise becomes invaluable for the case. She's thrown together with deep sea rescue diver Cole McKenna, whose heart she broke more than a decade before. Can they move beyond all that came before to stop a rising body count?” (Bethany House)

Overall Thoughts 
I really enjoyed SubmergedThe suspense, the budding romance, the small town setting, and the underlining message of accepting Christ forgiveness and moving on from the past, where all things that kept me turning page after page.  Pettrey does an excellent job of developing a variety of characters.  Reminds me a lot of the O’Malley Series by Dee Henderson. One particular character’s story, left me hanging, as I wanted to know more about Landon the island detective.  I’m looking forward to book 2 to discover what happens to him! Overall, an excellent tale that is leaving me wanting more.

This post may contain affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

A Mommy Talks Reviews:  The featured product for this review was provided to me, at no cost, by Bethany House.  All opinions expressed are my own.  If you’d are interested in signing up to receive review copies from Bethany House, head to www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madonna, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog
    is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now
    following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you
    would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs,
    Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.