Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shower Connections

Preface:  I am not eloquent in words.  I get flustered in thought and my fingers often stumble.  I re-think and re-word the thoughts and ramblings in my mind.  I’m not a story creator, even though I long to be entertaining.  I’m plain, straight to the point and sometimes blunt. 

With all this said, I’ve learned something a few weeks ago, but since I didn’t have a story or a way to present it, I’ve yet to share it.  But, I’m not going to wait any longer.  I’m just going to be blunt to spit the words from my mouth and let God do the rest because He is the one who brought it to my attention.  So, here it goes…


I was enjoying my quiet time, in the only place I can get it…the shower.  I was catching the water in my hand.  As I carried the water up closer to my face, I noticed how much louder the water got.  I was immediately given a visual. 

scan0001scan0002

A waterfall.  Have you ever had the pleasure of standing near the bottom of a waterfall?  It is quite loud! 

Well as I made that realization, I made another connection. 

God is like a waterfall. 

You see, the closer you are to a waterfall the louder and clearer it becomes.  And the further you get from it the harder it is to hear.  The waterfall never moves, it is always there.  It is always loud. 

The same is true with God, as I have learned throughout my life.  The closer I am to God, the more I can hear and understand Him.  And in those moments when I cannot hear Him, it is me not God who has moved away.  For God is always there.

I find it so wonderful…being able to see God and to know Him.  He is declared all around us.

Psalm 19:1-4 (NIV) The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

Check out what others have been learning at:
Women in the Word

3 comments:

  1. I just love when God gives us little pearls of wisdom in the most unexpected places! Great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord shows His creativity so amazingly all around us. I love that passage in Psalm 19!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. It's funny how we put our own character flaws onto God. He doesn't pull away from us, we pull away from him. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.