Friday, August 6, 2010

Fun Reads- Body Theme

We have been learning all about our body this week.  So, I found some fun body themed books to go with our activities. Below are a couple of our favorites: 

Buy on Amazon.

PartsAffliation Link  is about a young boy, who is discovering the “wonders” of the human body. These discoveries,  unfortunately leads to panic when he starts thinking that the glue that holds his body together is loosing its stickiness. I loved how it took the ordinary- hair falling out, fuzz in belly buttons, and losing skin- and look at it through an exaggerated perspective of one way a young child could see it.   Of course, my son love it, but I don’t know that he completely understood it.  He was probably more a fan of the funny looking and colorful pictures.

Buy on Amazon.We've All Got Bellybuttons!Affliation Link has been my son’s favorite this week! Similar to Eric Carle’s From Head to Toe, cartoon animals point out the various ways in which their bodies can move and ask the readers to play along.  My son enjoyed following along and doing the various actions with certain body parts the animals described.  This book has been a hit in our home and I really love how it gets my son moving!

This post contains affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy. 

Check out what others are reading at: 
What My Child is ReadingRead-Aloud Thursday

3 comments:

  1. These both look cute! I've seen Parts but I haven't seen We've All Got Bellybuttons.

    Thanks for linking up to Read Aloud Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We own the book, Parts. I waited until this year to read it to my daughter. She was old enough to appreciate the humor in the book. It does make growing up sound awfully dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at Feed Me Books Friday! Hope you'll continue! We have Parts. (there's also a More Parts, were you aware?) But I agree with you on the humor - it' s pretty heavy on the figurative language. Haven't seen the bellybutton one - I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.