- Rainbow Shape Animals- I colored them in Photoshop Elements before I printed them on card stock because I plan to use them for Tot School. However, you children can help you get ready for the festivities by coloring in the animals.
- Bucking Bronco- As you can tell from our pictures, our bronco didn't look like the horse on the farm, but since my husband is a fan of Denver Broncos, it worked out great for us. An alternative that you could try is a horse on a stick. If you don't own one, then make your own. On the last page of this PDF is a horse head that you can print and attach to a yard stick or long wrapping paper tube.
- Cow Branding- You will need pictures of cattle, finger paint or paint of any color, and a cookie cutter of the letter you want to brand onto your cattle.
- Egg Gathering- I just used white card stock and cut out ovals for the eggs, but if you have plastic eggs then those would work great. You will also need a basket of some sort to put your eggs into.
- Dinner- You can make this as simple or as complicated as you would like...just make/buy your favorite country dish.
- Library Books:
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Family Night- Farm
Well, we had our second family "theme" night. Lil'man has been into farm animals lately. So, we decided to focus on things that happen on a farm for our family night. While, daddy was at work, Lil'man and I prepped for the evenings festivities. We even got dressed in our farm attire. We had several activities planned that tied into farm animals, but they had to wait until after dinner. Mr. P picked up some good 'ole country cooking for dinner...KFC.