Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apple Crisp

We had quite a few apples laying around the house, so I thought I should use them.  I decided to make Apple Crisp III from All Recipes.  I have never made any sort of Apple Crisp before.  Sound pretty easy? Right?

Wrong. 

Add distracted mom to the equation and something is sure to go wrong.

As I was making the topping, I used 1/2 cup  instead of the 1/4.  So, I doubled the flour.  Fortunately, this mistake was easily corrected…just double the rest.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough apples to make a double batch.  So, now I have another batch of “crisp” and nothing to put it on.  

I must say, for screwing up the measurements, it still turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! 

I think the boy liked it too.  

I did make some minor adjustments to the recipe, as some of the reviews suggested.

Here’s how I made it:

  • 4 cups sliced apples (2.5 Jonagold Apples)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Then I followed the directions, but I baked it  for 45 minutes.

It was de·li·cious!  What is your favorite apple dish?

1 comment:

  1. That looks SO yummy! We're hoping to get to the Apple Orchard this week- this would be perfect! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.