Friday, June 25, 2010

The Night I Met My Man

It all started, when  a mutual friend of ours, thought we would be perfect for each other.  Since, we had never met it was suggested that I host a game night at my apartment.  The majority of my friends had already gathered for the festivities when he knocked at the door.  I was sporting my favorite college long sleeve-t and a pair of comfy  jeans.  My stomach was full of butterflies…I was not a fan of set ups.  I took a deep breath in and prepared my welcoming smile.   I opened the door and there he was the man I was going to marry.

KevinMehubers1

Unfortunately, at the time of our introduction neither of us was really interested in the other. There just wasn’t a spark.  Evidently it just wasn’t the right time for us.  God knew better.

wedding   100_1379

From time to time we would run into each other at church and be polite, but never “hung out” with each other.  He ran with a different circle of friends.  It would be several months later at a costume party that our paths would cross again.  This time though it was different.  And I know it wasn’t his “Uncle Rico” costume.  It was as if God had opened my eyes.   It was at this party that we hit it off and our relationship began.  We would have our first date  a few days later on April 30th, 2005 and were married a year later on June 25th.  

CAzoo   family

I am so blessed to be celebrating our 4th year of marriage today.  God has truly given me the perfect man for me.  Happy Anniversary, honey!  I look forward to the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I never knew your story. :) I'm so happy for you guys. It's neat how these things work out, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.