Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Confession of an Addict

My name is Madonna and I am a dessert-a-holic.  Yep, I am addicted.  I can’t stop.  Every evening I must eat something sweet and delicious that has chocolate on it some where, anywhere.   Mmm.  Chocolate.  That sounds really good right now.  Gooey, melty, oozy chocolate like these:brownies_3Brownies are so de·li·cious! Seriously, I am so addicted to desserts that this picture is actually giving off a wonderful aroma.  Can you smell the warm, chocolate goodness of these freshly baked treats?  Arggg!  My mouth is watering.

Do you see my dilemma?  It isn’t just brownies, either.  No, there’s Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, even though my stomach doesn’t care for the diary.  And how could I forget my love of chocolate chip cookies.  Our love affair goes way back!

 51735LG blog-chocolate-chip-cookies-010
Now I realize some of you may be nodding your heads in agreement, while your stomach growls and you think to yourself…“Do I have ingredients to whip me up a batch?”  But, what I am about to tell you will make some of you ask, as my friend Molly would say, “Are you smokin’ crack?”

As of June 1st, I have been 5 evenings sober.  This sweet addiction has turned into a nasty habit. So, after reading Changing the Failure Habit (which has nothing to do with desserts) I decided to kick this obsession to the curb and start a new habit.  Well, a habit of not eating a dessert every night.  So, since it takes about 30 days to create a new habit, I figured June would be the perfect month to do it.  If all goes well, I will have a new habit established by July!  Follow me on Twitter to get my daily evening updates.  I can use all the support I can get.  The last 5 days have been killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.