Monday, January 4, 2010

MORE of HIM, less of me

Happy New Year! Don't you just love new beginnings.  I always feel more energize and excited about the possibilities.  Plans and resolutions are made in hopes to make this year better than before, to make yourself into a better you.  It is a new year with a new slate, as I always told me kiddos the first day of school.  What happened last year, doesn't have to be what defines you this year.  But then the months pass and the newness wears off and it seems that those things you didn't like about yourself last year are rearing their ugly heads.  And as much as you try to wrangle them in, it gets tiring and then before you know it you've slipped up.  Unfortunately, sooner or later, you just give up all together because it just seems to hard.  You just decided to settle...this is who I am and there is nothing I can do about it.  And you're right.

So, this year, I am not making any resolutions because the truth is, I always fail.  I want to be a better wife and mother, but no matter how hard I try to improve myself I fall short.  No, this year I am not making a resolution, this year I am going to make a REVOLUTION.  I know I can't change myself, but there is ONE greater than me.  HE CAN CHANGE ME from the inside out.  So this year, I want MORE of HIM and less of me.  After all, JESUS is my number 1 Must Have.

If you have time, check out this sermon which inspired my blog post.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post!

    Ever since I started Tot School, I have loved reading your blog.. hope you & your family have a wonderful 2010!

    ps.. I gave an award to you on my blog.. love your blog so much, I had to pass it along to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.