Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Boy Does Portraits

While many artists preferred medium is paint and canvas our son opts for magnet and metal shavings. He's found that the temporary nature of the Magna-Doodle provides for a virtually endless supply of materials.

Below are some of the boy's latest works. They are from his "My Family" collection. His subjects were his parents, of course.

First we have his depiction of me.  He says of this piece, "Mommy has a messy ponytail." IMG_8634

Next he drew his daddy. You can sense the affections he has for him through this portrait. The eyes placed below the mouth. The head abnormally large when compared to his other works. His reaction to the finished piece speaks volumes.

IMG_8635

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.