Monday, January 17, 2011

Tot School- Catch Up

Lil’man is 37 months.
 
MIA. Yep.  This blog was on the back burner last week.  I didn’t post anything.  I may have posted at the end of the week, but unfortunately my computer was hit with a virus.  Fortunately, my virus protection caught it and after running a few more test (which took forever!) everything looked good.
 
Since I was a slacker last week, I’ll be posting pictures from both our Snow & Ice unit, as well as People Who Keep Us Healthy.   Below are just some of the things we did. You can see other activities in action from these units by visiting Amber at The Belly of The Whale.
 
Language Arts: During both units we did a spelling puzzle. These puzzles were a little more challenging because both had two of the same letters.  This required Lil’man to look at the picture and make sure it looked right.
Snow & Ice
IMG_7764IMG_7767
People Who Keep Us Healthy
IMG_7789IMG_7791
During our Snow & Ice week we created this I for icicle.
IMG_7750IMG_7751IMG_7740 
Here are the books that we are read during our Snow & Ice Week:

Math Concepts:  During our Snow & Ice week Lil’man did a Roll & Build Snowman to work on his number recognition. 
IMG_7758IMG_7757
He also rolled his dice and added that many icicles to a house.
IMG_7746IMG_7745
This past week we worked on shapes during our People Who Keep Us Healthy week.  The day we were learning all about the dentist, Lil’man had to match the correct toothbrush to each child.  As you can see in the picture below each toothbrush had a shape and each child had a shape.
IMG_7793IMG_7796
Books we read during our People Who Keep Us Healthy unit:
Social Studies: We had a lot of fun pretending to be a doctor and a dentist this week.  Make sure to swing by The Belly of the Whale to see some fun science activities.
IMG_7782IMG_7781
 
Extra: Lil’man really enjoyed making our Snowball treats for our family night.  And we all really enjoyed eating them.
IMG_7715IMG_7702IMG_7730IMG_7709
Lil’man also enjoyed creating our tooth collages.  He especially liked the “Sad Tooth” collage because of all the pictures of the sweet treats.  I had to go over several times that just because Lil’man likes to eat them, doesn’t mean his teeth are fans.
IMG_7772IMG_7776IMG_7779
 
My Favorite: Here is my favorite shot from the last 2 weeks.  The boy asked his dad if he could have a drink of his hot coco.  He then guzzled the rest down.  The picture below doesn’t captured all the chocolate mess that was left on his face, but you get the point. 
IMG_7792

So, there you go.  Don’t forget, you can download all the Snow & Ice and People Who Keep Us Healthy printables (not all seen here) for FREE  at 2 Teaching Mommies.

Next Week we will be focusing on the Polar Lands! I hope you’re able to come back and check it out!

Don’t forget to see what others are doing at 1+1+1=1!

This post may contain affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer on the virus. I've had more than my fair share of those. Now I own a Mac. LOL

    I've been MIA but not for such a good reason. We've just been slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 'roll the dice' game. It's always interesting to me to see other kids doing things I don't "think" my son can do! He's also 37 months old so I think it's time I try some new things and maybe he'll surprise me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm from "Growing Our Garden" and also link up to Tot School. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.