Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tot School- 2 Weeks Worth

Lil’man is 37 months.
 
MIA. Yep.  This blog was on the back burner last week.  Oh, wait…I started with that same sentence a couple of weeks ago.  =)
 
So, I was a slacker again when it comes to my blog, but I’m ok with it. 
 
Moving right along.  Let me share our favorite activities from the last couple of weeks.  We have loved the last few units.  We worked on Polar Lands and Space.  As always, these are just some of the things we did. You can see other activities in action from these units by visiting Amber at The Belly of The Whale.
 
Language Arts: During both units we worked on spelling.  We did more, but evidently I didn’t take any pictures or I lost them.  Both options very possible.
Polar Lands
IMG_7884IMG_7878
Space
IMG_7934IMG_7936
 
Here are the books that we are read during our Polar Lands Week:

Math Concepts:  During our Polar Lands week Lil’man feed a penguin cheerios. 
IMG_7875IMG_7876
He did shape constellations during our Space week.
IMG_7901IMG_7902
He also counted the planets and compared the sizes to find out how many were bigger than Earth.
IMG_7950IMG_7938
 
Books we wish we could have read during our Space unit, but we only had a few of them available at our library:

Science: We used 2-piece puzzles to match tracks to the right animal in our Polar Lands unit.
IMG_7887IMG_7889
We got some snow, so we made an arctic sensory tub.  Then we made some snow observations, using our observation sheet.
IMG_7859IMG_7867
He was introduced to the phases of the moon in our Space week. The boy wasn’t feeling this activity on this day.  I’m not sure if it was due to the fact that he didn’t have a nap,  didn’t want to do tot school, or the activity was difficult. 
IMG_7964IMG_7965
We also matched our printable planets to our flash cards that Amber found for us in the Target Dollar Spot at the beginning of the school year.  And color a few pictures.
IMG_7945 IMG_7897
Extra: For our Polar Lands family night we made an Iceberg dessert.  I didn’t remember Jell-O being so sweet!
IMG_7826
I might have been more excited then the boy, but I just loved how our Earth craft, during our Space unit, turned out.
IMG_7921IMG_7929
 
My Favorite: Here is my favorite shot from the last 2 weeks.  The snow didn’t last for long, so I’m glad we got a chance to play in it.
IMG_7846

So, there you go.  Don’t forget, you can download all the Polar Lands and Space printables (not all seen here) for FREE  at 2 Teaching Mommies.

Next Week we will be focusing on the Feelings! I hope you’re able to come back and check it out!

Don’t forget to see what others are doing at 1+1+1=1!

This post may contain affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.