Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Potty Training Chronicles

clip_art_8_toddler1.203143429

I have been preparing for months. Researching techniques & tools, getting advice from other moms and observing my son’s behavior.  First I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who shared their advice with me by commenting on my blog post or participating in my polls and discussion on Facebook.  It is so great to have learned from other moms that have already been in the drenches. I don’t know if any of you are interested in knowing what conclusions that I came to, but just in case there is someone out there that is curious I will be doing various post about it.   I mean this blog is called A Mommy Talks and potty training is one of the many things a mommy has to do. (Side note: These conclusions/choices may change once we dive into the whole potty training process, especially if they aren’t working!)

The Tools

Potty Chair- When choosing the potty chair I wanted something that was going to be durable, easy to clean and not take up a lot of space.  It wouldn’t hurt if it was fun for my son, but not over the top.  You know, something that he would want to sit on.   Plus, it needed to keep everything inside!  I went back and forth on whether to get one that sat on the floor or just a seat that attached to the toilet.  So, since I couldn’t make up my mind I bought one of each.

Precious Planet™ Froggy Friend PottyAffliation Link

frog potty frog potty2

Why I picked it:
  • high splash guard
  • easy clean up, even a toddler could do it
  • fun for the boy

    Sea Turtle Trainer RingAffliation Link 

     sea ring turtle

    Why I picked it:
  • again high splash guard (Can you tell I am worried about pee getting all over the floor?)
  • long lasting, won’t rip like some cushioned seats
  • portable and fun

    Both of these products received at least 4 stars on Amazon Reviews and even better they are both priced lower than many of their competitors. 

    Stay tuned for more Potty Chronicles where I will share more about the tools I picked, as well as the whole potty training process.

    This post contains affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

  • 1 comment:

    1. I can't wait to read more about your potty training experience.. we are almost to the point of starting, but not quite ready yet.. I am dreading it! :(

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.