Friday, March 12, 2010

Pick of the Week- I Wish I Had Duck Feet

My son has been really into the Dr. Seuss books lately.  In fact he likes them so much that I really want to go out and buy him a whole collection!  Ok, I want to own the whole collection!  They are just so much fun to read.   I am sure he wouldn’t mind having them though.

One particular book that he hasn’t been able to put down won’t stopping asking us to read the pass few weeks is: I loved this book when I was young.  I assume, since my son can’t really tell me why, that he enjoys the silliness of it. Whale spouts, antlers and duck feet on a boy…very silly indeed.  But, now as an adult I see a bigger purpose in the story.  Yes, it is entertaining, but it also teaches children to be happy with themselves.    I really do love this book.

What is your Child’s Pick of the Week? If you blogged about it, then leave me a link to your blog so I can go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Alex's grandma gave him this book for Christmas, along with some duck-foot slippers. I thought I knew all the Dr. Seuss books, but had never seen this one before. It's adorable, and Alex really got a kick ouf of it!

    I didn't officially blog about Pick of the Week, but I did make mention of one of Alex's current favorites in my Tot School post (it posts tomorrow...)- Old Macdonald Drives A Tractor by Don Carter. It's a very cute book for a little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. My son loves farm books, so I will definitely look for this one at the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.