Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Ever

This morning I had my first ever play date! Two of my teacher friends, previous co-workers, came over to my house for a morning of unorganized fun. We just flew by the seat of our pants.
I think my DS may have a personality like my mother's. He was very quiet in the beginning, until he could feel out the situation and then there was no turning back. He took turns sitting on all the moms' laps and handing them his book selection. He also did a really good job at sharing all his toys. He rarely has to share at home.

After playing in the house for awhile we headed outside where a toddler pool was set up. Unfortunately, I hadn't filled it with water yet, so it didn't have a chance to warm up. My son was the only one who braved the frigid water. Shortly after, he wanted out. Not just out of the pool, but out of the cold suit. Poor guy, I had to wrap him in a towel and sit with him in the sun to warm up. You would think he would have learned his lesson, but sure enough he was back in the water and the scene replayed itself.

After, splishing and splashing, we headed back in and played with various items. We ate lunch and then it was time to say goodbye. All in all, the day was a huge success. It was nice to give my DS some time with other boys his age. (His class at daycare was full of girls!) It was also fun to hang out with some other moms. We had so much fun that we are going to meet up again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. It makes me feel special. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond. Thanks for visiting.